- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese, any type
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup milk, fat free, 1%, 2% or whole
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick foil.
2. In large bowl stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, Italian seasoning, onion, salt and garlic powder. Cut in cottage cheese and butter until mixture is crumbly. Add milk. Stir until just combined.
3. Drop into 12 mounds on prepared baking sheet. Bake about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Cut-Out Herb Biscuits
Prepare as above in steps 1 and 2, except decrease milk to 3 tablespoons. On lightly floured surface, knead dough for 10 to 12 strokes or until dough just clings together. Pat to 3/4-inch thickness. Use 2-inch round cutter to cut dough into 10 biscuits. Place on prepared baking sheet and bake as directed above in step 3
Note: Nutritional information is calculated using 1% milkfat cottage cheese and whole milk.