- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups milk, fat-free lactose-free
- 6 red-skin potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups frozen broccoli, thawed
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower, thawed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, 2% sharp Cheddar - shredded
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Heat olive oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven. Add garlic and onions and cook until onions are tender.
Slowly add flour and chicken broth and stir until blended. Heat until slightly thickened.
Stir in milk, potatoes, broccoli, cauliflower, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender then stir in Cheddar cheese until melted.