- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large apples, cored, peeled and chopped (about 2 1/2 cups total)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat 9-inch round springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, the 2 teaspoons cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
In large mixer bowl beat cream cheese and butter on medium speed of an electric until combined. Add the 1 2/3 cups sugar. Beat until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla beat until combined.
Add flour mixture to beaten mixture. Beat on low speed until just combined. Fold in apples and pecans (if desired). Spread in prepared pan. Stir together the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over the top of the cake. Bake for 65 to 72 minutes or until wooden skewer inserted near center comes out clean.
Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen sides of pan. Cool at least 30 minutes more. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream (if desired).