Grilled Vegetable Skewers with Green Goddess Dressing
For the Dressing
- 1 cup yogurt, plain low-fat Greek
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon chives, fresh or dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers with juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Skewers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 peppers, red yellow orange or green
- 1 large red onion
- 16 white button mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch disks
- 1-2 summer squash, cut into 1/2 inch disks
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least one hour
- Salt and pepper
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Add all dressing ingredients to blender and blend on medium-high for 1 to 2 minutes or until dressing is smooth and all ingredients have been incorporated. Taste, add more salt or pepper to your liking. Pour into a glass container and store in refrigerator for up to one week.
Wash vegetables. Cut stems off mushrooms. Cut seeds and white core out of peppers, then cut into 1 to 2 inch pieces. Cut zucchini and summer squash horizontally into 1/2 inch pieces. Cut the ends off onion, and peel. Cut onion in half and then cut each half in half, then quarter each half leaving you with 8 pieces. Pull onion apart into sections.
Take wooden skewers that have soaked in water and start with a piece of pepper alternating vegetables and ending with a piece of pepper. Brush with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat grill to medium high heat. Grill skewers for five minutes on each side.
Remove to a platter and let rest for a few minutes before serving. Drizzle with dressing and serve with a small bowl of Green Goddess Dressing for dipping.