For the Dressing
- 1 cup yogurt, Plain
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice (3 small limes)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
For the Steak
- 20 ounces boneless petite sirloin steak
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
For the Salad
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce hearts
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper rings
- 1/2 cup sweet yellow pepper rings
- 1 cup avocado chunks
- 1/4 cup thinly shaved red onion
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Prepare the dressing by placing the yogurt, lime juice, milk, chives, garlic, salt, and pepper into the carafe of a blender. Blend on low speed until the dressing comes together and the chives are completely incorporated. Transfer the dressing to a jar with a tight-fitting lid and refrigerate until serving.
Combine the kosher salt, black pepper, and granulated garlic to create a rub for the steak. Sprinkle half of the seasoning mix over one side of the steak, pressing it into the flesh. Repeat with the remaining seasonings on the opposite side of the steak. Grill the steak over direct, medium heat to desired level of doneness. A one-half inch thick petit sirloin should cook approximately 4 to 5 minutes per side to achieve a medium pink center. Remove the steak from the grill and let rest for 7 to 10 minutes on a cutting board while preparing the salad.
Toss the baby spinach and chopped romaine lettuce together on a large platter. Scatter the sweet bell peppers, avocado, and shaved red onion over the greens. Slice the grilled sirloin thinly against the grain. Arrange the meat slices along the center of the salad.
Drizzle dressing over the salad just prior to serving.