- 2 cups fresh arugula, tightly packed
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, (about the juice of 1/2 lemon)
- pinch red pepper flakes, (optional)
- 1/3 cup cheese, shredded Parmesan
- 1/2 cup good extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pound pizza crust dough, (at room temperature if using a refrigerated dough)
- 1/2 cup arugula pesto
- 1/2 cup cheese, part-skim ricotta
- 1/2 cup diced deli ham
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup fresh corn kernels, (about 1 cob)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded Parmesan
Nutritional data is unavailable
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat grill to medium heat (350-400° F).
For pesto, combine arugula, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes and Parmesan in a blender or a small food processor. Pulse until combined and then, with the blender or food processor on, drizzle in olive oil until a pesto forms, scraping down sides as needed. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.
Flour pizza dough lightly and stretch or roll pizza to about ½-inch thickness (14- to 16-inch diameter).
Sprinkle flour or cornmeal on a large unrimmed baking sheet or pizza peel. Transfer the pizza dough to the baking sheet or peel.
Brush grill grate to clean it and oil it with an oil-soaked paper towel and tongs (alternatively, you may use a pizza stone placed on top of the grill). Slide the dough off the baking sheet or peel onto the grill and cover and cook until it is bubbling on top and golden brown on the bottom, 2 to 3 minutes.
Carefully flip the dough over using the peel or tongs and baking sheet. If desired, pull it off the grill while you add toppings. Spread the pesto over the dough. Top with small dollops of Ricotta, and the rest of the toppings. Cover the grill and cook until the toppings are heated through and the bottom of the crust is crispy, 5 to 7 minutes.
Remove from grill, slice and serve immediately.