Grilled Eggplant Flatbread
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 medium eggplant, cut crosswise into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (2-piece) package naan bred
- 1 1/2 cups 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. In small bowl, toss chickpeas, oil, oregano, chili powder, cumin and cinnamon until well combined. Sprinkle eggplant slices with salt and pepper. Transfer eggplant to grill and cook 6 to 8 minutes or until grill-marked and tender, turning and flipping occasionally.
Place naan bread on grill during last minute of eggplant cook time; cook 1 minute or until light grill marks develop. Transfer eggplant to cutting board and chop into 1-inch pieces. Spread yogurt over naan bread. Top with eggplant and chickpeas. Sprinkle with parsley and pine nuts, then cut each naan into quarters.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.