Green Bean and Tomato Salad
- 1 pound fresh, slender green beans, ends trimmed
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- 3/4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar or unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- dash crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup 1-inch fresh mozzarella cheese balls (ciliegine), drained and halved (about 5 oz.)
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In Dutch oven cook green beans in 1 to 2 inches of boiling salted water for 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Drain well. Loosely cover and refrigerate for 1 to 24 hours.
Meanwhile, for dressing, place garlic in small food processor bowl. Cover and process until finely minced. Add basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt and red pepper. Cover and process until basil is finely chopped.
Just before serving, in large bowl combine cold green beans, tomatoes, mozzarella and red onion. Drizzle with dressing. Toss to combine.