Garlicky Greek Yogurt Pasta with Sautéed Lentils & Chickpeas
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup prepared beluga lentils
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Red pepper flakes, for serving
In large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to package instructions. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water, then drain pasta.
Meanwhile, in large high-sided skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until dark golden brown, stirring frequently. Add chickpeas and lentils; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Transfer chickpea mixture to medium bowl; cover to keep warm.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Whisk in yogurt, milk, lemon zest, salt and black pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until warmed through.
Add drained pasta and 2 tablespoons pasta water to yogurt mixture; toss to combine. If sauce is too thick, add additional pasta water 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved. Divide pasta between 4 pasta bowls or plates. Divide chickpea mixture over pasta and sprinkle with fresh mint. Serve with red pepper flakes.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.