- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 cups sweet corn, fresh, frozen/thawed, or canned no added salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 ounces plain Greek yogurt, 2% or 5% fat
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Melt butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
Add corn to the pan and sauté until lightly charred in some spots, about 10-12 minutes. Once corn has been cooked, add garlic to the pan and sauté an additional 2-3 minutes then remove from heat.
In a small mixing bowl, combine Greek yogurt, chili powder, smoked paprika, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
In a separate large mixing bowl, combine red onion, queso fresco, cilantro, then corn.
Add the Greek yogurt mix to the corn mix and stir until incorporated.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.