Easy Hot Chocolate (Lactose-Intolerance-friendly)
- 1 cup 2% lactose-free milk
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Optional toppings: marshmallows, whipped cream or chocolate syrup
In a small saucepan, heat the milk over medium heat, stirring frequently.
When steaming, reduce heat to low, add chocolate chips, vanilla extract, and powdered sugar and continue to whisk until smooth and melted.
Pour into a mug and serve immediately with desired toppings or as is.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.