- 1 1/2 cups chocolate ice cream (about 3 scoops)
- 1/4 cup milk (skim, 2% or whole)
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- Optional garnish: whipped cream, sprinkles, crushed cookies, fresh fruit, finely chopped candy bars
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Let ice cream stand at room temperature for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly softened, but not runny.
Meanwhile, place milk, chocolate syrup and cinnamon (if desired) in blender container. Add ice cream. Cover and blend until thick and nearly smooth, stopping to push down ice cream, as necessary. Pour into one 12-ounce glass. Top with garnish (if desired). Serve immediately.
Photo by Jenn Fillenworth of JennyWiththeGoodEats.com.