Detroiter Cheesesteak Sub
- 3/4 pound top sirloin filet, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- 4 whole wheat sub buns
Over medium-high heat, add olive oil to a large skillet. Sauté peppers and onions until tender. Remove vegetables from heat and keep warm. Add sirloin strips to warm skillet and add seasonings. Heat sirloin strips until outside surface of beef is no longer pink, turning occasionally. Add Swiss cheese to sub buns, then top with sirloin and grilled peppers and onions. Serve immediately.
If desired, add low-fat mayonnaise or Italian dressing to subs.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.