- Lime juice (optional)
- Large crystal sugar such as sanding sugar (optional)
- 1 small ripe banana, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon coconut extract or vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk, (2% or whole)
- Fresh pineapple wedges (optional)
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
To coat rim of margarita glasses with sugar (if desired), pour a small amount of lime juice on a small plate. Pour a thin layer of large crystal sugar on a second small plate. Dip the rim of the glass in lime juice, then in sugar.
Place banana slices in single layer in wax-paper lined container. Freeze at least 30 minutes or until firm.
In blender container combine frozen banana, frozen pineapple, tequila, triple sec, sugar, lime juice and coconut extract. Cover and blend until nearly smooth, stopping and scraping down sides of blender container, as necessary.
With blender running, slowly add milk through hole in lid. Blend until combined. Pour into two 14- to 16-ounce margarita glasses. Garnish with fresh pineapple wedges (if desired).