- 6 cups diced green chiles, peeled and cubed
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons All-Purpose Lebanese Spice Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 cup yogurt, whole milk plain
- 2 tablespoons baby spinach (or kale)
- 2 tablespoons Za'atar
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Pre-heat oven to 400º F and line two baking sheets with foil.
Place butternut squash and parsnip cubes in a large resealable ziplock bag along with olive oil and All-Purpose Lebanese Spice Blend. Seal bag and toss well.
Spread vegetables in a single layer evenly between both pans. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove roasted vegetables from both pans and place in a large soup pot. Stir in chicken broth, yogurt and lemon juice. Puree until smooth using an immersion blender. Alternatively, you can puree in a high speed blender then return to a soup pot to warm.
Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly. Sprinkle each bowl with za'atar and another dollop of plain yogurt, if you wish, before serving.