Creamy One Pot Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey, or lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into 3- to 4-inch pieces
- 1 package (8 oz.) reduced-fat cream cheese, cut up
- 1 1/3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, (divided)
- Chopped fresh basil or parsley, (optional)
Place oil in removable pan of a programmable pressure cooker, such as an Instant Pot. Place in pressure cooker. Using sauté function, heat oil until hot. Add turkey or beef and onion. Cook, uncovered, about 5 minutes or until meat is browned, stirring to break up meat. Press cancel.
Stir broth, marinara sauce, fennel seeds and cayenne pepper into meat. Stir in spaghetti, making sure spaghetti is covered by liquid. Secure lid and set pressure release to sealing function. Select high pressure and cook for 5 minutes. Press cancel.
Allow pressure to release naturally for 2 minutes. Move pressure release to venting function to release any remaining steam. Remove lid.
Stir spaghetti mixture. Stir in cream cheese and 1 cup of the cheddar cheese until melted. Ladle into bowls to serve. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Garnish with chopped fresh basil or parsley (if desired).
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.