Creamy Chicken and Mushrooms over Rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced thickly
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 ounces cream cheese, reduced-fat
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated extra sharp Cheddar
- 3 tablespoons milk, skim
- cooked brown rice, for serving
- fresh parsley, for serving
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until browned on all sides and cooked through. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium and add onions. Cook, stirring, until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are cooked.
Add chicken back in along with garlic. Cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Reduce heat to medium-low and add cream cheese, Cheddar cheese, and milk. Continue to cook until cheese has melted and a creamy sauce has formed. Add more milk if desired to thin sauce.
Serve over cooked brown rice sprinkled with fresh parsley.