Creamy Beef Paprikash
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, (divided)
- 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups seeded and chopped green or red bell pepper, or 1/4-inch-thick sliced carrots
- 1 medium onion, halved and thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 package (1.5 oz.) beef stroganoff sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/4 cups plain Greek yogurt (low-fat or whole), or sour cream
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 cups hot cooked noodles
- chopped fresh parsley, (optional)
Place 1 tablespoon of the oil in removable pan of a programmable pressure cooker, such as an Instant Pot. Place in pressure cooker. Using sauté function, heat oil until hot. Add one-third of the beef. Cook, uncovered, for 2 to 4 minutes or until browned, turning beef pieces frequently. Use slotted spoon to transfer beef to a bowl. Repeat until all beef is cooked, adding additional oil as necessary.
Add bell pepper or carrots and onion to drippings in removable pan. Using sauté function, cook, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Press cancel.
Stir beef broth, tomato paste, sauce mix, Worcestershire sauce, paprika and pepper into vegetables. Return beef and any accumulated juices to pan. Stir until combined. Secure lid and set pressure release to sealing function. Select high pressure setting and cook for 20 minutes. Press cancel.
Allow pressure to release naturally for 20 minutes. Move pressure release to venting function to release any remaining steam. Remove lid.
Stir together yogurt or sour cream and flour. Stir into beef mixture. Using sauté function, cook and stir beef mixture, uncovered, for 1 to 2 minutes or until boiling. Serve over hot cooked noodles. Garnish with parsley (if desired).
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.