Chicken with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets (about 3/4 inch thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil from sun-dried tomato jar
- 1/2 cup oil-packed, slivered sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan-Reggiano cheese
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Whisk together half-and-half and flour. Set aside. Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towels. If necessary, cut into 4 serving-size pieces. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken pieces.
In large nonstick skillet heat sun-dried tomato oil over medium heat. Add chicken pieces. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Turn chicken. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes more or until instant read thermometer inserted in thickest portion reads 165°F. Transfer to serving platter. Loosely cover with foil to keep warm.
Add sun-dried tomatoes and onions to drippings in skillet. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until most of the liquid evaporates. Stir in cream mixture and any accumulated juices from the cooked chicken. Cook and stir until simmering and slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
To serve, spoon sauce over chicken.