Chicken, Mango and Blue Cheese Pitas
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon orange juice or lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon Cajun or Creole seasoning
- 1 large fresh mango, seeded peeled and chopped; or, one large nectarine, seeded and chopped
- 3 large whole wheat pita rounds, halved; or six small whole wheat pita rounds, halved
- 1 1/2 cups spring greens
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese (3 oz.)
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In small bowl stir together all sauce ingredients. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
For filling, in large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir chicken and Cajun or Creole seasoning in hot oil for 4 to 6 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Remove from heat. Stir in mango or nectarine.
Fill pita pockets with greens, chicken mixture and blue cheese. Spoon yogurt sauce on top.