Chicken Gyro Salad with Yogurt Dressing
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- For the Salads:
For the Yogurt Dressing
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup yogurt, greek
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon milk, plus additional if needed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill
- Pinch of salt and pepper
For the Salads
- 2 heads Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 2 roasted or pickled beets, chopped or thinly sliced
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cheese, crumbled feta
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat grill for direct grilling over medium-high heat. Spray chicken with nonstick spray; sprinkle with oregano, garlic powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Transfer chicken to hot grill rack; cover and cook 10 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout and internal temperature reaches 160º F, turning once. Let cool 10 minutes, then thinly slice or chop.
Meanwhile, make Yogurt Dressing: In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, yogurt, oil, milk, oregano, dill, salt and pepper. Dressing should have a thick but pourable consistency. If too thick, add additional milk 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Prep all salad ingredients and place in covered containers on rimmed baking pan, along with chicken and Yogurt Dressing; refrigerate. Use salad kit to prep lunches as needed throughout the week or serve immediately!