For the Greek Dressing
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/4 cup pickled beet juice, from the jar of pickled beets used in the salad
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup cheese, crumbled cow's milk Feta
For the Salad
- 1 large Romaine lettuce heart, rinsed and chopped
- 1 small tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 cup thinly sliced seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup pickled beet slices, drained with juice reserved
- 1/2 cup marinated Greek olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup shaved red onion
- 1 pound seasoned cooked chicken, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cheese, crumbled cow's milk Feta - divided
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Place the dressing ingredients into a jar with tight fitting lid. Securely affix the lid and vigorously shake the jar to emulsify the dressing. Set the dressing aside while preparing the salad.
Divide the lettuce between four large dinner plates. Also divide the tomato wedges, cucumber slices, beets, olives, red onion between the four plates, arranging as desired. Top each salad with 4 ounces of the cooked chicken slices. Scatter 1-2 tablespoons of Feta cheese (or more, to taste) over the chicken.
Shake the dressing again, and then drizzle salads with 1 to 2 tablespoons of the dressing just prior to serving.