Chicken Enchilada Flatbread
- 3 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 pizza crust
- 1 batch creamy enchilada sauce (see below)
- 1 1/2-2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups cheese, Monterey Jack
- Toppings: tomatoes, cilantro, green onions, sour cream, lettuce, jalapenos
Creamy Enchilada Sauce
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat oven to 450º F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with cornmeal.
Roll out pizza dough to approximately 12"x17". Cut into three equal size pieces and place on prepared baking sheet.
Spread with creamy enchilada sauce. Top with shredded chicken and cheese.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve topped with desired garnishes.
To make the Creamy Enchilada Sauce: In a 3.5 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. When melted, whisk in the flour, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. While whisking, slowly stir in the milk. Continue whisking until milk begins to thicken and bubble. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese until melted.