Chicken Cordon Bleu Kabobs
For the Skewers
- 6 (8-inch) bamboo skewers
- 2 (6-ounce) chicken breasts
- 1 (6-ounce) ham steak
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup lactose-free 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Line a broiler pan with foil and spray the foil.
In a small bowl, combine Dijon mustard, maple syrup, black pepper, paprika, and oil.
Brush the mustard mixture onto the chicken skewers.
Broil (500° F) for about 5 minutes, flip and continue to cook for 5 more minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Meanwhile, for the sauce, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in butter and cook for 1 minute, whisking constantly. Gradually add milk, whisking constantly. Add mustard. Continue to cook for 5 minutes or until thick. Reduce heat to low and stir in cheese, whisking until melted.
Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
Serve immediately with chicken and ham kabobs.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.