Chicken Caprese Skillet
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 5 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- Fresh basil leaves (optional)
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut chicken into 4 serving-size pieces. Using flat side of meat mallet, lightly pound chicken pieces to 1/2-inch thickness.
In large, oven-safe, nonstick skillet heat vegetable oil. Add chicken pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook over medium-high heat for 4 to 7 minutes or until browned and no longer pink in center, turning once. Remove from skillet.
Add tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic and dried basil to the same skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until tomato skins begin to break, stirring once or twice. Remove from heat.
Use potato masher to slightly crush tomatoes. Nestle browned chicken pieces into tomato mixture. Arrange cheese slices on top. Bake, uncovered, for 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese melts. Garnish with fresh basil (if desired).