For the Salad
- 1 cup diced Roma tomato
- 1 cup sliced English cucumber
- 1 ounce cooked lean ham, sliced into strips
- 1 ounce cooked lean turkey, sliced into strips
- 2 hard boiled eggs, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 ounces cheese, cheddar - cut into thin strips
- 2 ounces cheese, swiss - cut into thin strips
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan Vinaigrette, divided
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cheese, finely grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- 6 tablespoons light olive or canola oil
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Prepare the Parmesan vinaigrette by placing all of the dressing ingredients into a dressing cruet or pint jar. Firmly affix the lid and shake vigorously until the dressing is emulsified; set the dressing aside while preparing the salads.
To assemble the salads, remove the lids from four wide-mouth, pint-sized jars and group the jars together on the work surface. Pour 1 tablespoon of the dressing into the bottom of each jar. Divide each of the salad components into four equal parts. Layer the salad ingredients into each jar in the following order: tomatoes, cucumber, ham, turkey, hard boiled egg, Cheddar cheese, Swiss cheese, and finally, the lettuce. Tightly affix a lid to each jar. Keep salads refrigerated until ready to serve.
To serve, verify that the lid of the jar is on tightly before inverting the jar to rest on the lid. Let the salad stand inverted for a few minutes to give the dressing time to trickle through the ingredients. Flip the jar back over and remove the lid to serve.
Recipe Notes: When preparing salads to enjoy several days later, omit the dressing from the jar, and instead add it just prior to serving.