Cheesy Veggie-Pepperoni Bites
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, (4 oz.)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped reduced-fat turkey pepperoni
- 1/3 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1/3 cup finely chopped broccoli
- 3/4 cup milk, (fat free, 2% or whole)
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Set aside.
In medium bowl, stir together flour, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, baking powder, Italian seasoning and salt. Cut in butter until pea-size crumbs form. Stir in cheddar cheese, pepperoni, corn and broccoli.
Add milk to the flour mixture, mixing just until all is moistened. Scoop mixture by well-rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
Bake biscuit bites at 425°F for 11 to 14 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to wire rack. Cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed above through step 3, but do not preheat oven. Instead of baking, loosely cover baking sheet and freeze until firm. When dough balls are firm, transfer to freezer container. Keep frozen for up to 4 weeks. Before serving, transfer frozen balls to parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet. Bake frozen balls at 425°F for 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve as above.