- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream, light
- 4 ounces cheese, Neufchatel cheese - softened
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cheese, Sharp Cheddar cheese - divided
- 16 white mushrooms, stems removed
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat oven to 400° F. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper and cook until vegetables are tender (about 5-10 minutes). Remove vegetables from heat and cool slightly.
In a bowl, combine cooked vegetables, sour cream, Neufchatel cheese, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper and 1/4 cup of the sharp Cheddar cheese. Stuff each mushroom with cheese filling and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup of sharp Cheddar cheese over top of each mushroom. Cook for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.