For the Pizza Dough (makes 2)
- 1 1/4 cups warm water
- 2 envelopes dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for bowl
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheese, grated
For the Cheese Bread
- 1 pizza crust
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups cheese, sharp Cheddar
- 1/2 cup cheese, Romano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
For the Dough: In the bowl of a stand mixer (fitted with a dough hook), combine water, yeast, oil, and honey. Add 3 cups of flour and the salt and mix on low. With the mixer on medium-low, slowly add the last cup of flour as needed to form a smooth dough that pulls away from the edges of the bowl. Continue to knead for 8 minutes (you may also do this by hand, but it may take closer to 10 minutes for a smooth dough to form). During the last 30 seconds to one minute, add in cheese and continue to knead until combined.
1. Pour about a teaspoon of olive oil into a large bowl and rub so the bowl is coated. Transfer dough into bowl and flip over so the dough is coated with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place for 30 minutes or until the dough doubles in size.
Divide dough in half. If you don’t plan to use all right away, store tightly wrapped in the fridge for a couple days or freeze.
On a lightly oiled or floured surface, roll out dough to desired thickness. Place on an oiled baking sheet, add toppings and bake at 450° F for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
For the Cheese Bread: Preheat oven to 450° F.
Roll out pizza dough to 11x17 and place in an oiled or sprayed pan.
Melt butter and mix with garlic powder. Brush evenly over flatbread dough.
Top with cheeses and dried oregano. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.