- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups fingerling potatoes, diced
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups cheese, shredded Cheddar - (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup milk, 2%
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- black pepper
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Place a large pot over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, celery, onion, and carrot and sauté for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the flour and blend well. Add the broth and potatoes to the pot and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add corn and stir until combined.
Stir in milk and cheese. Continue stirring over low heat until cheese has melted and soup has thickened. Add chicken to the pot. Once chicken is heated through, serve immediately.