- 1 package (9 oz.) chocolate wafer cookies, finely crushed (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder or instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur or milk
- 3 cups cottage cheese, (1%, 2% or 4% milkfat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yogurt, fat-free plain Greek
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons miniature semisweet chocolate morsels
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat oven to 350° F. In small bowl combine crushed cookies and butter. Press onto bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Bake for 7 to 9 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
Meanwhile, in small microwave-safe bowl heat water on high power for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until warm. Stir in instant espresso powder until dissolved. Stir in coffee liqueur or milk. Set aside.
In food processor combine cottage cheese, sugar and flour. Cover and process until nearly smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, processing until just combined after each addition. Add yogurt, coffee mixture, vanilla and cinnamon. Process until smooth. Evenly spread over crust. Sprinkle with chocolate morsels.
Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes or until set in center. Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.