Butternut Squash Queso Dip
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 finely-diced red onion (about 1/4 of a medium-sized red onion)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 12 ounces butternut squash puree, frozen
- 1 (10-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 ounces cheese, Monterey Jack - shredded
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Place unwrapped squash in a microwave safe bowl and heat in microwave for 5 minutes at 50% power or until thawed.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 4-5 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and cook for one more minute or until fragrant.
Add squash, tomatoes, cumin and chili powder, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat to low and add cheese. Stir until melted and serve immediately.