Broccoli Cheese Potato Soup
- 2 cups unsalted chicken broth
- 3 red potatoes (about 1 pound), scrubbed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- shredded Cheddar cheese, optional
In large saucepan combine stock, potatoes, onion, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt and red pepper. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 12 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Meanwhile, whisk together milk and flour. Stir milk mixture and frozen broccoli into potato mixture. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until boiling. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
Remove from heat. Stir in the 1 cup cheese, half at a time, until melted. Ladle into serving bowls. Top with additional cheese (if desired).
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.