- 1 1/2 cups milk, (fat free, 2% or whole)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried fruit (apple, papaya, mango, apricots, raisins, cherries or cranberries)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain couscous
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, sliced almonds or slivered almonds (optional)
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In small saucepan combine milk, fruit, syrup and cinnamon. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until just boiling.
Stir couscous into milk mixture. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork before stirring.
Spoon into two serving dishes. Sprinkle with nuts (if desired).
Photo by Jenn Fillenworth of Jenny With the Good Eats.