- 12 slices (½ inch-thick slices) French bread
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat oven to 400º F. Arrange bread slices in a single layer on baking sheet. Brush with melted butter. Back until lightly golden, about 7 minutes.
In a small bowl combine the cottage cheese, cinnamon, and vanilla extract. Stir to combine. In a separate bowl combine the fruit, balsamic vinegar, sugar and mint. Stir to combine.
To assemble the bruschetta, spread about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the cottage cheese mixture over each slice of bread. Top with about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the fruit mixture. Serve immediately.
Note: Wait to assemble the bruschetta until just before serving. Store cottage cheese and fruit mixture in your refrigerator until ready to assemble and serve.