- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups cottage cheese, (1%, 2% or 4% milkfat)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened and reduced-fat
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pitted, peeled, and cut -up fresh peaches or halved fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon slivered fresh basil
- Coursely ground black pepper, optional
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
In small saucepan combine vinegar and granulated sugar. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 to 5 minutes more or until syrupy and reduced to 1/4 cup, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. Transfer to small microwave-safe bowl. Cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
In blender container combine cottage cheese, powdered sugar, cream cheese, lime juice and vanilla. Cover and blend until creamy and smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the blender container as necessary. Transfer to covered container. Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
Before serving, microwave vinegar mixture, uncovered, at high about 10 seconds or until mixture reaches room temperature and is easily drizzled.
Stir cheese mixture and spoon into four 8- to 10-ounce glasses or dessert dishes. Top with peaches or strawberries. Drizzle with vinegar mixture. Sprinkle with basil and pepper (if desired).