Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2/3 cup whole wheat, Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning medley, with garlic
- 3/4 cup cheese, finely grated Parmesan - divided
- 5 tablespoons butter, unsalted - melted
- 1 pound thick spaghetti, prepared according to package directions
- 3 cups prepared tomato & basil sauce, warmed
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.
Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a rimmed half sheet pan with parchment paper; set it aside.
Combine the breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, and 1/4 cup of finely grated Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish or pie plate, stirring with a fork until blended. Pour the melted butter in another shallow dish or pie plate.
Working with one chicken thigh at a time, dip each side in the melted butter to coat. Press the butter soaked chicken into the bread crumbs, turning to coat well on both sides. Place the breaded chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken thighs.
Once all of the chicken is breaded, drizzle the remaining melted butter over it. Bake for 8 minutes. Turn the chicken over and continue baking for another 7 minutes to crisp the other side. Briefly remove the chicken from the oven. Spoon two tablespoons of pasta sauce over each chicken thigh. Sprinkle the remaining grated parmesan cheese evenly over the chicken. Return the chicken to the oven and continue baking for an additional 5 minutes or until cooked through.
Serve Baked Parmesan Chicken over hot cooked spaghetti topped with additional pasta sauce.