Apple Crisp Breakfast Cookies
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped Granny Smith apple (about one apple)
Preheat oven to 350º F. In a medium bowl, stir together both types of flour, oats, flaxseed, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg until combined. Set aside.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together softened butter and yogurt. Add brown sugar and mix until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing again until combined. With the mixer on low, gradually add in the dry ingredients until just combined.
By hand, fold in the walnuts and apples. Scoop onto a Silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet by about 1/4 cup spoonfuls. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until firm to the touch.
*These values are approximate. Per serving, based on a 2,000 Calorie diet.