My Summer Top 10
06/17/2010 | | Family Farm
Here are some things I’m excited about doing this summer. Even though I numbered the list, I like all of these activities the same amount.
- Working with my animals for the fairs. This lets them get to know me and I practice showing them.
- Showing my pigs at the fairs. I go to our community and county fairs. I also take dairy animals to the county fair.
- Working on the farm. I help with milking and I feed our calves.
- Going to 4-H Exploration Days at the campus of Michigan State University. I get to take two classes of my choice and do some fun activities.
- Participating in Dairy Quiz Bowl during Dairy Days at Michigan State University. It is a contest to see how much kids know about dairy.
- Having friends over to my house to hang out. There are many places to play around the farm.
- Having relatives come to my house or going to their house. I like to spend time with my cousins.
- Swimming at the lake across from the farm. It is a good way to cool off on a hot day.
- Playing with our dogs, J.J. and Leo.
- Going to parties. Both my sister and I have summer birthdays. On the 4th of July a lot of relatives come to my grandparents and we enjoy the lake all day and night and watch fireworks at dark.