Lucky Meal Day
No matter how you are serving meals, increase excitement and participation with prizes!
Place a Lucky Meal or Golden Ticket in select meal bags. Winning students or families can return their ticket to claim their prize.
Tips to run a campaign:
- Use simple, fun prizes students enjoy.*
- Build excitement by displaying prizes or a grand prize.
- Use the Golden Ticket template and edit as needed.
- Include a location and deadline to pick up prizes.
- Promote your campaign on social media.
- Have a district “celebrity” announce the campaign.
- Hang flyers or posters to announce the campaign.
- Include promotion on school menus.
- Select a theme for your campaign. Some ideas include: Olympics, summer fun, holiday, favorite book, music or movie, and at the farm.
*Milk Means More has free prizes available.
- Golden Ticket template
- Golden Ticket flyer
- Social Media
- Social Post #1: Hey students! Today is Lucky Meal Day at [enter name of summer feeding site]. Be sure to stop by or encourage an adult to bring you to get a FREE meal and the chance to win fun prizes!
- Social Post #2: [Enter main food course] is on the menu today! Encourage your student to buy lunch at school as it is Lucky Meal Day! Random prizes will be given to school meal fans who get a “golden ticket” on the bottom of their tray.