Do You Know Your Milk?
What You Drink Can Be as Important as What You Eat.
Beverages can be a key source of nutrition in our diets. But not all beverages are created equal. Milk contains 9 nutrients our bodies need to work properly–and to help kids grow up strong and healthy.
- Protein. Every cup of real cow’s milk gives you 8 grams of high-quality protein.
- Calcium. Cow’s milk is the #1 source of naturally occurring calcium in the diet, which is easily absorbed by our bodies.
- No added sugar. Lactose, found in milk, is a naturally occurring sugar that is similar to fructose found in whole fruit.
Simply 3 Ingredients.
- Cow’s milk only has 3 ingredients- milk, vitamin A, and vitamin D.
- Many plant-based beverages have over 10 ingredients, including preservatives, added sugars, and stabilizers.
Real Cow’s Milk is Local.
- Milk is one of the original farm-to-table foods.
- It typically takes only 48 hours for cow’s milk to go from the farm to your local grocery store.