Dairy DYK: Your Top Questions Answered
Continuing Education Credits for: CDR, NSCA, ACSM, AAFP
“This webinar was created by National Dairy Council to answer health and wellness professionals’ most common questions about dairy, including tips for managing lactose intolerance, cow care and antibiotic use, the differences between organic and conventional milk—and more.”
After this presentation, attendees will be able to:
- Understand nutrition content variation between milks based on fat content.
- Identify plant-based dairy alternatives.
- Understand the pasteurization process and its impacts on nutrient composition of conventional vs organic milk.
- Define A2 beta casein milk and its nutritional benefits.
- Differentiate between lactose in-tolerances and milk allergies.
- Understand the fundamentals of antibiotics as it pertains to the FDA regulations, milk regulations and FARM animal care.
- Define hormones naturally found in cow’s milk and other foods, and how they impact human health.
- Define the four dimensions of sustainable food systems: health, environment, economics and society.
- Abigail Andrew Copenhaver MS, RD, CDN
- Moises Torres Gonzalez PhD
- Amy Boileau PhD, RDN
Length of presentation: 60 minutes
1-4 Suggested CDR Learning Needs Codes:
- 2000: Science of Food & Nutrition
- 2020: Composition of Foods
- 4040: Disease Prevention
- 5000: Medical Nutrition Therapy
1-4 Suggested Performance Indicators:
- 1.1, 8.3.6, 8.1.5
Continuing Education Certificates:
Expiration date for CEUs – December, 2022