Food Pantry Grant Program
The 2022 Food Pantry Grant application is now closed. We anticipate a new round of applications will open in Spring 2023. If you are a 2022 applicant, please review the grant overview packet for a full grant timeline.
United Dairy Industry of Michigan, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Blue Cross Complete are proud to partner with food pantries to provide dairy foods, equipment and resources supporting an increase in distribution of dairy foods and other fresh food options to clients. Our goal is that all clients visiting Michigan’s food pantries have access to nutrient-rich dairy foods and, when possible, fresh vegetables and fruit.
Dairy Foods Grant
Food pantries are eligible to apply for up to $500 in dairy match funding. If a food pantry purchases dairy foods from their food bank or a local retailer, they can receive matching funds to purchase additional dairy foods. Eligible dairy foods include milk, cheese, yogurt and cottage cheese.
Food Pantry Infrastructure Grant
Food pantries may apply for up to $2,500 in funds to improve pantry infrastructure in support of the distribution of dairy foods and, when possible, fresh fruit and vegetables. Applications must include an itemized budget. Examples of infrastructure requests include coolers, transportation, maintenance of refrigeration equipment, etc. UDIM will purchase
equipment equivalent through vendor partnerships. If UDIM is unable to procure the approved equipment, a check will be issued to the food pantry for direct purchase.
- A food pantry staff member MUST complete grant application.
- Michigan food pantries only.
- Food pantries submitting for either grant must be able to procure, safely store and distribute dairy foods.
- Only fully completed applications will be considered.
- Pantries are eligible to receive one grant in each category per calendar year. Grant awards not to exceed $2,500 total per calendar year. For example, a $500 dairy foods grant and a $2,000 infrastructure grant for one pantry will be considered.
- All food pantries will be required to submit program evaluation. Food pantries who fail to complete evaluation will not be eligible for future funding.
Please review the grant overview packet before submitting an application.
Applications must be submitted using the online application. Click here for a PDF version, use as reference only.
Evaluations must be submitted using the link provided. Click here for a PDF version, use as reference only.
Questions? Email Cynthia at email@example.com