Food Pantry Grant Program
United Dairy Industry of Michigan is proud to partner with food pantries to provide dairy foods, equipment and resources supporting an increase in distribution of dairy foods to clients. Our goal is that all clients visiting Michigan’s food pantries have access to nutrient-rich dairy foods.
Dairy Foods Grant
Food pantries are eligible to apply for up to $500 in dairy match funding. If a food pantry purchases dairy foods from their food bank or a local retailer, they can receive matching funds to purchase additional dairy foods. Eligible dairy foods include milk, cheese, yogurt and cottage cheese.
Food Pantry Infrastructure Grant
Food pantries may apply for up to $2,500 in funds to improve pantry infrastructure in support of the distribution of dairy foods. Applications must include an itemized budget. Examples of infrastructure requests to support dairy include coolers, transportation, maintenance of refrigeration equipment, etc. UDIM will purchase
equipment equivalent through vendor partnerships. If UDIM is unable to procure the approved equipment, a check will be issued to the food pantry for direct purchase.
- A food pantry staff member MUST complete grant application.
- Michigan food pantries only.
- Food pantries submitting for either grant must be able to procure, safely store and distribute dairy foods.
- Only fully completed applications will be considered.
- Pantries are eligible to receive one grant in each category per calendar year. Grant awards not to exceed $2,500 total per calendar year. For example, a $500 dairy foods grant and a $2,000 infrastructure grant for one pantry will be considered.
- All food pantries will be required to submit program evaluation. Food pantries who fail to complete evaluation will not be eligible for future funding.
Please review the grant overview packet before submitting an application.
Questions? Email Cortney at email@example.com