Food Pantry Grant Program
United Dairy Industry of Michigan is proud to partner with food pantries to provide dairy foods, equipment and resources supporting an increase in distribution of dairy foods to clients. Our goal is that all clients visiting Michigan’s food pantries have access to nutrient-rich dairy foods.
Dairy Foods Grant
Food pantries are eligible to apply for up to $500 in dairy match funding. If a food pantry purchases dairy foods from their food bank or a local retailer, they can receive matching funds to purchase additional dairy foods. Eligible dairy foods include milk, cheese, yogurt and cottage cheese.
Food Pantry Infrastructure Grant
Food pantries may apply for up to $2500 in funds to improve pantry infrastructure to support the distribution of dairy foods. Applications must include an itemized budget of funds requested. Examples of infrastructure requests to support dairy include coolers, transportation, maintenance, etc. UDIM will purchase equipment equivalent through vendor partnerships. Any remaining equipment and/or infrastructure requests UDIM is not able to directly procure will be issued in the form of a grant for the food pantry to directly purchase items.
- Only food pantry staff are eligible to complete grant application
- Food pantry must be located in the state of Michigan
- Food pantries submitting for dairy food grant must be able to procure, safely store and distribute dairy foods.
- Food pantries submitting for food pantry infrastructure grant must be able to procure, safely store and distribute dairy foods.
- Applications must be complete to be considered for funding.
- Pantries are eligible to receive one grant in each category per calendar year. Grant awards not to exceed $2500 total per calendar year.
- All food pantries will be required to submit program evaluation. Food pantries who fail to complete evaluation will not be eligible for future funding.
Applications close November 15, 2020.
Questions? Email Cortney at firstname.lastname@example.org