Join Frank Ragnow, Detroit Lions Center, on a 45-minute tour of Reid Dairy Farm in Eastern Michigan. This fun, interactive experience will help students learn where milk comes from, how it is produced and the many different foods that are made from milk. Frank Ragnow will join virtually and share how he stays healthy and strong.
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- 10:00 a.m.
- Teachers – Registration Link for tour on Oct. 13, 2020. Upon registering, you will receive the link to watch the tour in your classroom via Zoom, and the live-streaming link to share with your students who may be learning remotely. Registering will also provide you reminder emails and notifications of future Virtual Farm Tours.
- Parent/Student (no need to register) – Participate from the live stream for this tour at the links below:
- Meet the farmer: Jim Reid, Reid Dairy Farm
- Jim Reid, along with his wife Pam and son Jeff, milk 220 cows on their dairy farm located just four miles from Lake Huron. The Reid family is dedicated to being environmentally responsible in their farming practices, caring for the land just like they care for their cows.
- More information on the Reid Dairy Farm
- Academic Standards