Join the 45-60 minute tour of Sand Creek Dairy on the west side of Michigan to learn about different careers in the dairy industry. Meet dairy farmer Ethan Haywood to see how the cows are cared for, learn how the milk is collected from the cows and meet the calves. We’ll also hear from special guests who work with dairy farmers across the state: a dairy nutritionist who creates cows’ menu, a dairy veterinarian who helps farmers care for cows and a milk truck driver who collects the milk and drives it to the processing plant. Along with the professionals who work directly with the farm, we will hear from a registered dietitian to learn about their career.
- Thursday, October 15, 2020
- 10:00 a.m.
- Teachers – Registration Link for tour on Oct. 15, 2020. Upon registering, you will receive the link to watch the tour in your classroom via Zoom, and the live-streaming link to share with your students who may be learning remotely. Registering will also provide you reminder emails and notifications of future Virtual Farm Tours.
- Parent/Student (no need to register) – Participate from the live stream for this tour at the links below:
- Meet the farmer: Ethan Haywood, Sand Creek Dairy
- Sand Creek Dairy is a 6th generation dairy farm in Hastings, Michigan. Ethan Haywood, his family and their team of employees and dairy experts care for 1000 Holstein and Jersey cows each day.
- Academic Standards