Chocolate Milk: Nature’s Sports Drink Grant
If your high school athletes aren’t powering up with low-fat chocolate milk, then this is a great opportunity to get started! Chocolate milk is ‘Nature’s Sports Drink’, and provides many important nutrients needed for overall health, including calcium, potassium and vitamin D. Learn more about the Chocolate Milk: Nature’s Sports Drink grant requirements below.
- Electronically signed Memorandum of Understanding: Once Chocolate Milk: Nature’s Sports Drink grantees are announced, you will be required to electronically sign the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU). The MOU is an agreement between the United Dairy Industry of Michigan and the grant contact that the grant funds will be used to provide chocolate milk to your high school athletes.
- MOU will be sent via Adobe’s E-signature service, Echosign. To access the MOU, click the link in the e-mail from Echosign to provide electronic signature and it will instantly be saved and sent to Milk Means More.
- Some email services mark Adobe Echosign as junk or SPAM – please check these folders if you have not received the MOU.
- If the MOU is not signed by the deadline, the team forfeits the grant funding.
MOU Due Date for Fall 2021: May 21, 2021
- Grantees are required to watch this 5-minute Sports Nutrition 101 webinar to learn more about performance nutrition and the “why” of chocolate milk to refuel. Sports Nutrition 101 Webinar
- Nutrition or Community Outreach – Teams will be required to complete either Nutrition Education or Nutrition Outreach in their communities. Learn more:
Failure to complete grant requirements may result in team ineligibility in future Milk Means More grants.
Upon receipt of MOU, Milk Means More will process your grant check. Please be advised that due to check processing time, the check may not arrive prior to the beginning of the season. You will receive notification of when checks are sent via UPS. If being sent to the school office, please notify your school office to expect the check and where to deliver it.
As part of the grant, your team will receive a kit that includes promotional and educational material. It will be shipped to your schools within the first 2-3 weeks of the season. The kit will include items such as:
- Sports Nutrition Resources
- Chocolate Milk Banner
- Chocolate Milk Cooler Stickers
- Nutrition Outreach Guide
- Community Outreach Guide
- Chocolate Milk Mustache Stickers
“Chocolate Milk Celebrities” Posters
Using photos of your team you provide, our graphic designer will create personalized, professionally printed poster of your team, much like the old milk mustache posters. We will be sending out the specifications for the pictures via email. Here are some important guidelines:
- Whipped cream or chocolate pudding works well for creating mustaches. You can also use the chocolate milk mustaches provided in your grant kit.
- If showing milk in its original container, use hands to cover the brand or show the back of the packaging.
- MHSAA regulations do not allow for team uniforms in your poster. Practice gear or school t-shirts are recommended.
- Photos must be hi-resolution files, at least 1 MB large. When you upload your photo, we need the original file size of the image, which is the largest file size on most cell phones.
- A team photo release will be included in your MOU. We do not need each athlete to sign a photo release, but the team photo release requires that you verify that each student in your photos has a photo release on file at your school.
Team Photo Due Date for Fall 2021: August 27, 2021
Share your great news!
Let your community know you are a Chocolate Milk: Nature’s Sports Drink grant winner! Share the good news with your media contacts with our press release template or share on Twitter, Instagram or Facebook with our Social Media Toolkit!