Achieving Optimal Nutrition: The Role of Schools and Pediatricians
Continuing Education Credits for CDR*
The American Academy of Pediatrics, with support from the National Dairy Council, hosted a webinar highlighting how critical school meals are in child growth and development as well as helping children learn about and practice healthy eating. On “Achieving Optimal Nutrition: The Role of Schools and Pediatricians”, Robert Murray, MD, FAAP, shared practical approaches to working with schools and how pediatricians can address nutrition during the office visit. Donna Martin, EdS, RD, LD, School Nutrition Director for Georgia’s Burke County Schools provided an overview of the school meals program and local activation examples.
After this presentation, attendees should be able to:
- Demonstrate increased knowledge on the WSCC framework and understand the nutritional environment and services.
- Understand the value of school’s meals in helping children reach their nutritional needs.
- Demonstrate increased knowledge of Bright Futures anticipatory guidance to related nutrition.
- Demonstrate increased awareness of opportunities for partnering with schools.
- Robert Murray, MD, FAAP
- Donna Martin, EdS, RD, LD
Length of presentation: 60 minutes
*RDNs may add this to their portfolio and apply for CEU credits through CDR
Expiration date for CEUs – March, 2023