Dairy Grant Program
The United Dairy Industry of Michigan (UDIM) Dairy Promotion Grant Program provides funding for Michigan dairy producers, dairy farm employees, and dairy cooperative employees to conduct promotional events in support of the dairy industry.
A total of $75,000 is available per calendar year to fund UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program events. The current year grant applications will be accepted from January 1 through December 31 of the current year. The promotional activity must take place during the current calendar year. The funding cycle is open year-round for the UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program, but with funds awarded on a first come, first served basis.
Promotional events must focus on at least one of the following criteria:
- Enhancing awareness of the nutritional and health benefits that come from including dairy products as part of a balanced diet,
- Increasing knowledge about and awareness of the dairy industry; and/or,
- Advancing the image of the dairy industry and fostering public trust.
Individuals may apply for multiple grants; however, no more than $1,500 can be received in a grant year by a single farm entity (which includes family members and dairy farm employees). A maximum of $1,500 annually can be awarded for the purchase of dairy products, with up to $500 of that amount to fund event support items (includes items such as signage, banners, coolers, ice, event and specific t-shirts for volunteers).
Grant funds may not be used for prizes or gifts.
A maximum of $1,500 will be awarded in support of any single promotional event.
Grant money cannot be used to purchase items for resale or to be used at profit-generating or political events.
- Applicants must be associated with the production of cow’s milk as a Michigan dairy producer or dairy farm employee. Employees of milk marketing cooperatives are also eligible to apply.
- Applicants must complete the online UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program Application Form and an itemized event budget.
- Applicants must submit at least two event photos from their event of participants receiving or eating dairy products and submit photos with reimbursement paperwork.
- Grant requests should be received at least 45 days prior to the promotional event for funding consideration.
- The promotional event must be conducted in Michigan.
Individuals must complete the online UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program Application Form and an itemized budget to apply for funding. Paper copies of the application can be requested by calling 800-241-MILK (6455). If you would like to download the Application as an PDF, click here.
Eligible applications will be reviewed and awarded on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Applicants will receive an email or written notification regarding approval within 10-15 business days of when the UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program application was submitted.
- The request for reimbursement must be submitted within 30 days following the scheduled promotional event.
- UDIM will issue payment within 30 days of receiving completed reimbursement forms with original receipts.
- Reimbursement checks will be made payable ONLY to the awardee of the grant.
- Click Here to Download Reimbursement Forms.
- Photos may be sent along with reimbursement paperwork and receipts or digital photos may be emailed to Lisa Hoesl at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completed forms and original receipts must be mailed to:
UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program
c/o Melissa Bernier
United Dairy Industry of Michigan
2163 Jolly Road, Okemos, MI, 48864
- Fill out grant application (online or by mail) at least 45 days prior to the promotional event for funding consideration.
- Wait for confirmation of approval (within 10-15 business days of receiving a completed application).
- Save receipts from event.
- Take photos at event of participants enjoying dairy products to submit with reimbursement paperwork.
- Turn in reimbursement form, photos, and original receipts within 30 days of the event. Digital photos may be emailed to Lisa Hoesl at email@example.com. Developed photos may be sent to Melissa Bernier with reimbursement paperwork.
- Receive reimbursement check from UDIM for approved expenses backed by original receipts.
For questions regarding the UDIM Dairy Promotion Grant Program, please call United Dairy Industry of Michigan at 1-800-241-6455.