Dairy Good Things That I Am Thankful For…
Thanksgiving is the perfect time of year to gather with friends and family to celebrate all of the things for which we are grateful. As I reflect on this year, there are a number of DAIRY GOOD THINGS THAT I AM THANKFUL FOR – foods that nourish me on a daily basis and foods that are more of a special indulgence:
- The ice cold milk that has RIBOFLAVIN – which helps convert food into energy – to top off my bowl of cereal every morning.
- The cheesy Hawaiian pizza that contains PROTEIN – which helps build and repair muscle tissues – on nights when I don’t want to cook.
- The choco-berry swirl smoothie that provides POTASSIUM – which helps maintain normal blood pressure – when I’m looking for the perfect sweet treat.
- The melted grilled cheese sandwich that has VITAMIN A – which helps maintain normal vision – that pairs perfectly with my bowl of tomato soup.
- The steaming hot chocolate that contains NIACIN – which helps digest sugars and fats – topped with mini marshmallows on a cold winter night.
- The chocolate chip ice cream in a sugar cone that provides CALCIUM – which helps build and maintain healthy bones – on a hot summer day.
- The spinach and artichoke dip (with cheese) that provides VITAMIN B12 – which helps maintain healthy red blood cells and nerve cells –when I’m sharing an appetizer with my family.
- The hot chai latte that contains VITAMIN D – which helps promote calcium absorption – from my favorite local coffee shop.
- The fruit and yogurt parfait that provides PHOSPHORUS – which helps strengthen bones – which is my perfect mid-afternoon snack.
Take time to reflect on all of the dairy good things that you are thankful for this Thanksgiving, and don’t forget, milk, cheese and yogurt don’t just taste good, they are good for you!
To find some delicious recipes that include milk, cheese or yogurt, be sure to stop by our Michigan Dairy Pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/michigandairy/.